Archive for April, 2011
Uncategorized on April 26, 2011 by littclass4thgrade
1. Download a spreadsheet from this site called “number clue story.xls”. The link to download the file is small and says “download”. Click on it when you find it, make sure you save the file, then open it.Spreadsheet click here.
2. Listen to a podcast for a story and directions.The podcast is called”5th Grade Spreadsheet addition podcast story”. Podcast site click here.
3. Put the numbers in the right cells from the podcast story. Select the answer cell and make an addition formula using the guide.
4. Go to the worksheet and answer the questions, when you are done show Mr. Litt the spreadsheet.
5. Keyboard at your level if there is time.
These files do not download, you have paper versions.
Uncategorized on April 12, 2011 by littclass4thgrade
Practice using an online dictionary.
Learn to make a presentation slide readable from far away
Use the paper version of the worksheet I give you. Read it before you start, get clear on what you are supposed to do; ask questions. Go to the dictionary website and finish the worksheet. Dictionary Website click here.
1. Open a new, blank presentation.
2. Put these words below, that are smaller, on the slide.
You do that by inserting a text box first. Then copy the words here and paste them into a text box on your presentation.
More than 80% of the gold in the Mother Lode is still yet to be found, today. If you pan for gold, you might find some.
3. Download the image from this blog entry above.
You do that by clicking on the image above, then right clicking on it and selecting “save image as”. Once it is saved, insert it into your presentation slide.
4. Make it readable: MAKE THE WORDS BIG ENOUGH TO SEE 10 FEET AWAY, MAKE THE PICTURE ONLY HALF THE SLIDE.
Change the background and font colors to make the slide readable and easy to look at.
Look at this model:
Uncategorized on April 8, 2011 by littclass4thgrade
Learn what cell names are on a spreadsheet.
Learn how to make a graph from a spreadsheet
Download the spreadsheet on this website listed. When you are at the website look for the words “download” written in small letters near the top. Download, save the file and follow Mr.Litt’s directions.. Website click here.
Uncategorized on April 5, 2011 by littclass4thgrade
2. Read the worksheet to understand what is asked of you. Ask questions if you do not understand.
3. Go to the website listed here.You will need to go back and forth between the website and the worksheet. Your job is to read headings to find information easily on a long website. Website click here.
2. Put these words on the slide. You do that by inserting a text box first. Then copy the words here and paste them into a text box on your presentation.